Today the local political blog Utah Policy featured an oped by Kim Coleman highlighting current CD4 Rep. Ben McAdams chicanery in his voting patterns. Namely, last Friday he voted against a far-left, Democrat power grab pushed through by (temporary) House Speaker Nancy Pelosi then turned around and voted for a measure that will make those kind of power grabs that much easier in the future.
The oped reads:
McAdams’ yes vote came on a measure that is unconstitutional on its face - a purely partisan rules change that would stop requiring members to actually show up to vote, enabling passage of legislation with as few as 20 Democrats present.
It would allow Nancy Pelosi to manipulate the legislative process in ways likely unforeseen by the Founders. Yet those Founders were clear in indicating that both House and Senate should be physically present to pass legislation. Article One, Section 5 states, “…a Majority of each shall constitute a Quorum to do Business…”
McAdams voted against the so-called HEROES Act to cover his bases, but with the ability for Pelosi to use the above-mentioned robovoting system, the HEROES Act will be a slam dunk for her in the future. The oped continues:
Pelosi’s “HEROES Act,” is a $3 trillion progressive fever dream. It provides almost $1 trillion in direct aid to state and local governments to help cover revenue shortfalls from the pandemic's impact on the economy (which they refuse to reopen).
The bill – developed by House Democrats without GOP input – is a deep fake built to sneak far-left IEDs into law, including:
* Prison gates open wide to release millions of convicted criminals, including murderers and rapists.
* States lose control of elections by their elected leaders, yielding to unelected federal bureaucrats, allowing same-day registration, ballot harvesting, and banning ID requirements - “The Voter Fraud Authorization Act of 2020.”
* Blue States get a huge bailout after years of profligate spending and systemic pension fraud.
* Taxpayers subsidize abortions as Planned Parenthood receives Paycheck Protection Program funds.
* A bizarre obsession to make sure low-income neighborhoods of color have access to recreational marijuana (mentioned 68 times).
And with nearly 40 million American citizens newly unemployed:
Direct stimulus payments of $1,200 to illegal aliens.
Any undocumented “essential” worker is shielded from legal deportation proceedings.
As American healthcare workers are laid off or furloughed by the thousands, the doors swing open for millions of new cut-rate healthcare workers to enter the country.
Read the full article here. This year Utahns have the chance to upgrade their member of Congress. Vote Kim Coleman in the June 30 Primary and again in November. Make Ben McAdams a one-termer!
Do you like this page?